What we do as buyers agents…
- You will have a personal property scout who will keep you top of mind when new listings become available
- Work for you for FREE, our commission is almost always paid by the SELLER!
- Find properties that meet your desires, while researching Zoning, HOA costs, taxes, etc.
- Help secure financing with a trusted lender.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best contractual terms and price.
- Constantly update and communicate with you through the home buying process.
- Share expertise on the local market and surrounding area to help you make the best decision for you and your family.
Step 1: Get Prequalified – Benefits to you as a Buyer
- Turns you into a Qualified Buyer.
- Knowledge of type of loan and amount you qualify for, down payment costs, monthly payments, closing costs and possible lender credits.
- Many sellers require a pre-qualification letter with any offer if the buyer will be applying for a loan.
Martha’s Vineyard Land Bank
- ‘Must-Haves’- If a property does not have these items, then it shouldn’t even be considered. (ex: number of bedrooms/bathrooms)
- ‘Should-Haves’- If a property hits all of the “must-haves’ and some of the ‘should-haves,’ it stays in contention, but does not need to have all of these features.
- ‘Absolute-Wish List’- if we find a property in our budget that has all of the ‘must-haves,’ most of the ‘should-haves,’ and ANY of these, it’s the winner!!
Step 3: Contract Details & Earnest Money Deposit
accepted offer. It is customary to use an attorney, rather than a title company, to handle the closing here on the Island.
Step 4: Inspection
We have a list of licensed inspectors that we recommend.
Cost is typically between $700-$1,500
Buyers often choose to have a Radon and
Water test is done as well, during the home inspection.
Step 5: Loan Approval
Step 6: Final Walk-Thru
agreed upon condition before you close.
Step 7: Closing Time!
All of your time and efforts have paid off.
Follow the attorney’s instructions on wiring funds.
Take your drivers license or official ID with you to sign paperwork.
Our Goal: Serve and Educate
Our services are free to you!
We are not afraid to fight for you.
We are full-time agents with years of experience who know and understand the market.