5 Tips to help you net the most money when you are selling a home on Martha’s Vineyard
You should be getting all you deserve when you sell your home on Martha’s Vineyard.
You’ve probably heard its a great time to be selling a home on Martha’s Vineyard. If you haven’t it’s a freaking amazing time to sell, now you know.
It’s a supply and demand issue, like we learned about in high school. Too many buyers too few homes, making the prices INSANE IN THE BRAIN.
We have incredibly low inventory plus incredibly low-interest rates causing housing prices to SOAR on Martha’s Vineyard, MA, all across the US actually.
You might be thinking, I could just sell my house myself, or I could hire my cousin who just got her license and get a deal and save some money…but its not that simple.
Here are some professional tips to make sure you don’t leave any money on the table and you don’t open yourself up to major liability when you are selling a home on Martha’s Vineyard.
Hire Smart. Get a local, full-time
agent on your team. You want someone who knows the local market statistics so you can price your home in the sweet spot and get great terms AND a great price. The local relationships that your agent has are also paramount, they will help you get the contractors you need to prep your home for the market, a well-prepared home will get you more money due to the incredibly low inventory
- You want an agent who covers the cost of staging, professional photography and 3D online tours, in the new COVID era your home MUST shine online to attract the most buyers. You want an agent who has the funds to cover these expenses and won’t cut corners just because “it will sell anyway.”
- Hiring a full-time agent will ensure that you are protected. The MLS forms have just undergone major changes to the contract language. If you have a dedicated agent they will have invested the time into their education to learn the new forms and how they benefit the seller or buyer they are representing so you can protect your purchase and sale contract.
- Does your agent have enough time for you? The market is insanely fast and you want to be a priority. While it is amazing to be a seller, real estate agents are working harder than ever for their clients. Make sure your agent isn’t overloaded with too many buyers so they are available to tend to prepping your home for market and tracking your transaction from listing to closing. Will your agent be by your side while you are selling your home on Martha’s Vineyard or will you be handed off to a team member?
- If you prepare your home AND market it well you are likely to get multiple offers, the average home on Martha’s Vineyard is getting 4 offers when they sell. You want an agent who can help you negotiate a busy multiple offer situation to get you the most money, best terms and protect you from vulnerabilities related to Fair Housing violations and disclosure lawsuits. Money is King but TERMS are Queen and she runs the show, the nuances in the contract terms are incredibly important so you can protect the high price you are going to attract (since your house is going to be so well prepared.)
- Your agent must be a digital agent. They should be adept at marketing online- 96% of buyers are shopping online and utilizing multiple platforms to find homes to fit their needs. Your agent must be able to manage communication in a digital world, showings are most often booked online through apps and communication between agents is high tech and quick paced.
Want to learn more about selling your home on Martha’s Vineyard? Call me, Jen O’Hanlon, top Real Estate agent on Martha’s Vineyard, I am here to answer all of your questions 508-212-8278.
If you want to get started on getting your home ready to sell, download my FREE 30 Guide to Prepping your home for market.
As always, thank you for stopping by!